We all know that traffic affects everyone’s quality of life. Tim served as chairman of Fredericksburg Area Metropolitan Planning Organization (FAMPO) and a member for the last 7 years. FAMPO is a federally mandated transit organization aimed at making improvements in our region. Thanks to Tim’s leadership and efforts the region has obtained 1.8 billion in transportation dollars with numerous projects completed and many more currently underway to relieve congestion. Tim helped create a new FAMPO committee to lobby for migration of government jobs to Spotsylvania. Over 60% of residents leave Spotsylvania to travel to work. Spotsylvania County would assist in the creation of local jobs, increase tax revenues through local commerce, and reduce/reverse commutes. The HOT lanes have proven not to be the end-all-solution to our I-95 congestion woes. “You can’t pave your way out of congestion”, we need alternative solutions.
Tim has championed many projects in our county to alleviate local congestion hot-spots. Here is a list of the completed, underway, and future plans for our county.
- I-95/Route 3 Interchange Improvement
- I-95 Southbound Bridge across the Rappahanock River
- Exit 126 Improvements
- Route 3 Lane Expansion
- Exit 118 Roundabout, Bridge Replacement, Intersection improvements
- Exit 118 Mudd Tavern intersection improvements
- I-95 Pass-Through Lanes at Route 17 and Route 3
- HOT LANE extension to Route 17
- 2022 Spotsy Parkway Hospital Bridge VDOT improvements
- 2022 – Route 17 Additional Lanes, Bridge Replacement
- 2023 – Route 3 Bump outs removals
- 2023 – Old Plank Rd, Chancellor, and Andora Dr Roundabouts
- 2023 – Route 1 and Route 208 Intersection and Lane Improvements
- 2023 – Route 2 and Route 17 Corridor Improvements
- 2024 – Harrison Rd widening at Old Plank to Gordon Rd.
- TBD – CD Lanes connecting Route 3 to Route 1
- TBD – I-95 Exit Ramps at Harrison Rd
- TBD – I-95 Exit Ramps at Courthouse Rd
- TBD – Route 20 to I-95 Exit 136 Bypass